Saturday, September 20, 2008

One of the best books....


So I finished ANOTHER great book. I know, every book I read is a great book (well most of them) but this one especially good. This book was chosen by a woman in my book club and she picked a winner. The name of the book is " same kind of different as me." It's hard to tell what the book is about by the title but it's essentially the true story of the relationship of two men from entirely different worlds -- a millionaire art dealer and a homeless black man who was grew up as a slave (yes, slavery in modern-day America). I won't go into details about the book but would HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend this book. I cried (a part hit very close to home) and laughed. I will share the last few lines of the book with you -- (don't worry, it doesn't give anything away) -- "The truth about it is, whether we is rich or poor or somethin in between, this earth ain't no final restin place. So in a way, we is all homeless - just workin our way toward home."

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm so glad that you posted about this book. It was suggested to me by someone else and I could not find where I wrote it down. I just knew part of the title! Thanks for blogging about it, I needed a new book and this was definitely one I wanted to read!

Moffitt Fam said...

Cousin Brooke! How are things? Your kids are so big. I still remember when I was a freshman at the Y and Jeffrey was a baby. Speaking of the Y, you are going to love the poll question on my blog thejjmoffittfam.blogspot.com
-Cousin Jon