Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Oklahoma Rain storm

This video really doesn't do a good Oklahoma rainstorm justice. Growing up in Idaho I thought a rainstorm was a drizzle and the local weathermen would get excited if it rained 1/100th of an inch. Now they don't mention anything over 2 inches (not really but seems that way). Anyway, the rainstorms here are incredible. It just pours and pours and pours. Like someone took a pitcher of water and turned it upside down. It's great. I love it and the kids love it. The only problem is in November the rains a bit chilly so the boys can't play in it -- darn, but it's still fun to watch....

4 comments:

This Idaho Girl said...

Yes, our rainstorms are piddly compared to what you guys get. I could sit and stare out the window at an Oklahoma rainstorm for hours. It really is cool.

MsMelodee said...

It seems that the rainstorms in Utah are getting bigger. We have been having these microbursts that are crazy. We had one of those little drizzly storms on Tuesday, it was all day, but it was very light and sometimes slushy. Too my surprise (I was sitting home all day) it flooded my basement! Uuugh!!!

Andrea said...

Love your rainstorm video and you are such a nice mom to let your kids go and play in the rain. I'm so mean--my kids beggg to but I don't want to clean up the mess. I guess that means I'm LAZY and MEAN.

whitney said...

I sooo know what you mean. I try to explain the rainstorms to people back in Utah and they just don't get it...at all. You literally are soaking wet within a minute.