Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Nick!


I'm one day late, but I am wishing Nick a HAPPY 12th BIRTHDAY! Yesterday Nick turned 12. It's hard to imagine (most days) that he has been around for 12 years already. Nick was born on a warm day in Logan, Utah --- he was 4 weeks early. I had had some minor back pain. Nothing severe but I thought I'd check it out with the doctor anyway. I went in and he had me lie down for 30 minutes. When he came in the room I sat up and my water broke. He "checked" me and I was dilated to a five so he sent me straight to the hospital. I was very excited about being dilated to a five because at that particular hospital you had to be dialted to a five before you got an epidural so once I got checked into my room the first thing I asked for was an epidural. Joel scrambled home, got some clothes and the movie Mary Poppins. Don't ask. I just really, really wanted to watch that movie. So I checked in at 11 a.m. and Nick was born just before 3 p.m. Because he was born early he was wisked away but returned soon and was fairly healthy -- (when he was born). He only weighed 5 pounds, 14 ounces and stayed two extra nights in the hopital.....Here are 12 things I LOVE about Nick.


1. His laugh. Nick has the most sincere, silliest laugh. I love it.

2. His desire to help. Nick is a very hard worker.

3. His compassion. I remember I was tired one day and I was laying down and he took my shoes off. Very simple thing but it meant a lot to me.

4. His freckles. He gets them from me.

5. His ability to make friends easily.

6. He's interested in EVERYTHING. I know I complain about this a lot but it's good to know someone wants to know EVERYTHING I am doing EVERY minute of the day.

7. He's cute. Now that he's entering the "girl" stage this may come in handy....or not.

8. He's smart. Good grades. Great grades.

9. He loves sports. He gets this from me.

10. He loves to go-go-go. This also can be a bit of a frustration, but I have found that the go-go-goers get things done and this will definitely benefit him later in life.

11. He falls asleep quickly. I just wish I had this ability!

12. He loves his mom -- the best quality of all!
By the way, Nick was due around Christmas so that's where his name comes from - Jolly Old St. Nicholas.....He was born a few days before Thanksgiving but the only thanksgiving name I could think of was "Tom Turkey" and he had been "Nicholas" for so long that I had to stick with the plan....

8 comments:

MsMelodee said...

Awesome post! Happy Birthday Nick!

mom2boys said...

Your a great mom! Happy birthday Nick!

Andrea said...

What a sweet post. Loved that you needed to watch Mary Poppins! Too cute!

This Idaho Girl said...

Nick is a swell kid. Can't believe he's 12. You are so old.

Coty said...

seriously, TWELVE? i think i had him in CTR 6 didn't i? holy tallito brooke!!!
and...i have a question. when do boys start listening...?

Coty said...

Brooke, Where are you? I need your whit and charm...

Moffitt Fam said...

Cousin Brooke,
Where the heck have you been? You are slacking worse than we have.

whitney said...

How ya doing sweetie? I've been missing your bright smile a lot lately. I hope you're hanging in there. (((hugs))

ps-I just realized I still have your Stephanie Meyer books. oops. I'll drop them off at your house sometime soon.