Monday, November 3, 2008

Faith not Fear

"The greatest glory in life lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Nelson Mandela
"We can grow in faith only if we are willing to wait patiently for God's purposes and pattern to unfold in our lives, on His timetable." Robert C. Oaks

"I believe that God will always make a way where there is no way. I believe that if we walk in obedience to the commandments of God, if we follow the counsel of the priesthood, He will open a way, even if there appears to be no way." President Gordon B. Hinckley






"We can grow in faith only if we are willing to wait patiently for God's purposes and pattern to unfold in our lives, on his timetable." Robert C. Oaks




"Faith is believing that although we do not understand all things, He does. Faith is knowing that although our power is limited, His is not. Faith in Jesus Christ consists of complete reliance on Him." - Dennis E. Simmons





"Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not." Doctrine and Covenants 6:36























A few weeks ago my friend Darcee had a contest on her blog -- the catch was you had to do an act of service and comment about it and then you were entered into a contest and had a choice of the prize you received. I WON! I was so excited. Darcee is an amazing scrapbooker. And when I say amazing, I mean AMAZING. I've been struggling with some personal issues and just needed something to cheer me up so I told her I'd like a book with some of my favorite quotes. She delivered. She scrapbooked my quotes and then a few more that are now some of my favorites. One that I didn't include a picture of is a great quote. It reads: Joy comes not from having a painfree life, but from conquering the obstacles, even when they are painful."








Thanks Darcee! I LOVE it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful. What inspirational quotes. I love it.

Darcee said...

So glad you liked it! It was fun to do :). Check back for more give-aways!

MsMelodee said...

What a beautiful book and a great way to keep track of those quotes we love. I am sure it will be great to have and to read many times.She did do an awesome job. Lucky you!

This Idaho Girl said...

She puts us all to shame, doesn't she?